• If you see this message, that means you either have not registered with GYTO, or you are not logged in. If you are registered, please log in and this message will disappear. If you have not registered, please do so by following this tutorial.  Once you have registered, you will have a broader access to content on this site.

NOTE:  We are experiencing numerous spam accounts being created.  We have instituted a MANUAL APPROVAL process to new registrations.  Please take a moment and send us a message requesting approval after your registration.  

Thank you.

[Closed] Testing New Chat Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biz

WOTY 2020: Leisure
Admin
Royal Advisor
I know how important live connection is ...

I have installed a Shoutbox on the side bar of the Forum List Page, you can only get to it by clicking on the Forums Tab in the navigation bar. Please see the below illustration.

I will leave the Shoutbox up for a week (until 01.18.15) to see how it does. It's not meant for long chats, it is meant for a quick hello, to establish a quick connection.

Let's see how it does.

You do have to register with the software company to use it (they incorporate the use of Gravatar in their sign up process) ... just hit the Sign In button and then hit Register ... I believe no eMail address is required, however if you put one, it will hook up with your Gravatar account (if you have one) and then display that picture.

Any questions? Post here ... other than that, let's see how it works!

YourShoutbox.jpg

Last edited:

Biz

Admin
Royal Advisor
Hmmmm, ok Joan ... I tried first with my account to log in with IE, and it worked ... then I logged on and registered a new name, and it worked.

However ... when I clicked on "Sign In" and then clicked on "Register", I made the mistake twice of putting in my Username in the second box instead of in the box that says "Username" ... and it wouldn't let me do anything.

You need to put your Username in the Username box, and then your password needs to be entered twice ... could you see if that might work?

tinkerbelle04

"If cats could talk, they wouldn't."
Royal Advisor
The Bod Squad
Ok then, don't worry about it until another time ... it will be there throughout the week to play with. Feel better soon.

I went to the Gravatar website and it turns out I am a member...why, when, who knows. Now my name shows up above the text box in the chat thingie, but it says Joan (g) meaning guest. I am going to do a test post and just say "can you see my post?"

Biz

Admin
Royal Advisor
Ok ... question ... my free trial ends tomorrow ... if I want to keep it, I will have to pay $30 every 6 months ... is it worth it? Do you find the chat helpful? I don't mind paying for it, but I don't want to waste money on it either.

Biz

Admin
Royal Advisor
I haven't been able to join in the chat to weigh in so I will defer to those who have.

Help me Pam ... is it because you can't work it, or you are just not interested ... either way, it will help me make a decision.

Biz

Admin
Royal Advisor
I've tried several times and then after posting in the box I didn't know how to get it in the chat. But last night I was annoyed enough to say why am I wasting so much time? I know I could have asked for help but it seems pretty simple. Stubborn me I guess.

Can I ask, are you trying this from your iPad? And if so, which browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.