Limbo is defined as: an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place.
That really fits for that time period in between your finishing of a Phase 2 portion of The hCG Protocol and the beginning of the Phase 3 portion. Your not really encouraged to lose weight during this time frame, it’s just a period of transition until you start eating semi-regular again.
Let’s establish exactly what we are talking about by going to the source, Pounds and Inches by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, under Plan of a Normal Course:
After 3rd injection, 500 calorie diet to be continued until 72 hours after the last injection.
Dr. Simeons’ instructions were to continue on with the 500 calories a day until 72 hours after your last dose. Easy enough.
However, in all my years of working with clients on The hCG Protocol, I have found that using a different approach seems to make the transition into Phase 3 a little bit less jarring to the system. For those of you out there that are purists, you could use the following transitional process also, but start it on the day you start your Phase 3.
- Day of your last dose: 500 calories
- Day after that: 750 calories – typical P2 menu with added clean fats*.
- Day after that: 1000 calories – typical P2 menu with added clean fats*, and you can add two eggs.
Phase 3 officially begins:
- Day after that: 1250 calories – try to keep with a typical P2 menu, but mix your veggies, add eggs if you want, and clean fats*.
- Day after that: 1500 calories – again, try to keep with a typical P2 menu, mix veggies, add eggs if desired, increase your protein to around 8-10 oz for the day, and clean fats*.
- Day after that: 1750 calories. This is where you can start adding some different proteins, fruits, and veggies. Be careful about adding fats that are not considered “clean”; cheeses and nut or nut butters. Those should wait until you are much further into P3 than just the first few days.
- Day after that and on: my suggestion is to keep at this calorie range for a few days to let the body settle into eating regular again. Then start increasing and figuring out what your sweet spot is.
*Clean fats include: sour cream, half and half, Greek yogurt, butter, ghee, oils, mayo and avocado.
Have you been one to use this type of transition process when ending your round of phase 2? If so, could you let us know how it worked out for you? Thanks!
I have done this and I like it! It seems my tummy gets real upset when I add too much fat and too many calories at once. I have no hunger while waiting to actually start P3. I feel more in control and can use that time to plan my meals…which takes more time on P3.
Gosh, don’t know how I missed this D, sorry about that!!!
Thanks for the great testimonial on it working the way I described.
I just tried this and it went really well. I feel like it kept my body in fat burning mode so I was off to a good start. I think last time I was starving and as soon as I started to eat I gained. Also, I wasn’t tempted to cheat! Thanks Biz 🙂
I am so happy that you found value in my LIMBO recommendations! Glad it worked for you!!!
Can clean fats include coconut oil? I’m dairy free and very limited by this.
I would love to add that back ASAP.
Coconut Oil is one of those things you have to be careful of on P2. The reason is that the first 3.5 tbsp of CO is considered “therapeutic” (and therefore doesn’t count as calories per se) and I have yet to figure out if that helps or hinders on P2 as an added fat. It would be a your mileage may vary thing. However, I have dairy free clients, and there are so many ways to increase your fats on P2 to reach this goal. Any other oils, fattier meats (tuna, salmon, rib eyes, less lean ground beef), avocado, nuts or nut butters.
And one more thing, I have expanded on this thought process in my new ebook coming out sometime this year, but it’s interactive now if you want to take a look if it’s something you are interested in, it’s called The First Step.