There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes. ~ Richard Buckminster Fuller
When it comes to nutrition, I am notorious for conducting experiments.
I scour the internet daily to see what new studies have been released; who has a new regimen for weight loss, and any new information on how our bodies work with the fuel we call food.
I receive hundreds of subscriber list emails which include information on anything and everything body-mind-spirit related to creating a healthier body.
I scan everything. It’s my job and I love it! ::giggle::
When something tickles my fancy, I hone in on all the meaty parts ruthlessly trying to disprove what I am reading. Why? It’s easier to debunk something than to prove it, thus saving my time.
If the theory makes the first cut, the next step is gathering information on the subject (studies, research, books, blogs, etc). Rarely taking anything at face value and by combining and playing with patterns in each data set, I form my own theories. A preponderance of evidence must exist before I accept it.
The collated information is adapted into understandable theories and hypotheses allowing me explain it to others seeking a healthier path.
Next — I start experimenting. With myself! HA!
My theory control group always starts with me, the lowest common denominator. Most of my clients are females falling into the peri menopause, menopause and post menopause categories. With my being through them all, I am a good representative sample.
This initial experimentation time is several weeks. I journal extensively keeping data on several criteria in order to develop a sound plan. Once my theory and results show promise, I share it with others widening the test group. These are my Guinea Pigs. I didn’t come up with that … they did, so don’t shoot the messenger. HA!
Guinea Pigs have been a vital mainstay for my coaching development and I am grateful for each and every one of them. Without those willing to participate in my crazy schemes, I would not have gained the knowledge and understanding, or created the plans for losing and maintaining one’s weight.
Listed below are a handful of the experiments I have conducted and resultant plans and products created:
- High Fat: This extensive yearlong experiment studied all the high fat lifestyle nuances. The entire Good Food Hunting eBook was written as a result.
- Raw Foods: This short run experiment dealt with incorporating 75% raw food into the day’s total. The theory — could it increase losses on P2 and be utilized as a maintenance vehicle The net result granted a huge benefit in what is now called the P2 Stall Buster (found in The First Step eBook).
- Holiday Recovery: This experiment involved those who ate cleanly until the holidays. This experiment was to develop a tool in order to get back on track in the shortest amount of time. From these test results, the Holiday Recovery Guide technique emerged.
- P3 Correction Days: In 2008, I started creating alternative corrections days, because Steak Days (the official Pounds and Inches CD) never worked for me. The Correction Days eBook evolved from this experiment. Tests were continued to learn more and modify them even further resulting in Alternative Correction Days. Guess what? I am still testing … so there very well could be another CD eBook in the future! Shhhh, don’t tell anyone.
- The First Step: Formerly known as The Biz Buzz Method. This is an alternate way to do P2. It has been in the works ever since my 4th round in mid-2008. Up until my 4th round, I leaned towards being a purist, sticking to Dr. Simeon’s plan verbatim. Then I went rouge, but quite frankly, I wasn’t ready to share my rouge stance publicly for a long while. Little by little, however, I got brave first with my clients, and then I announced it to the world, and then wrote an eBook, The First Step (final release February 1, 2015).
- Mix It Up Experiment: This one is still in its infancy and ongoing. Although I had high hopes in this becoming an alternative to hCG, it’s turning out to be an excellent maintenance mechanism. Could there be a another eBook in my future?
As you can see … my experiments never end … we are on a journey, not going to a destination. Why not consider joining in on an experiment by joining FitCamp Plus. They are always a whole lot of fun!
I think I own every one of your ebooks and use them extensively. I can’t wait to get “The First Step”.
WOO HOO Sharon! A voice from the past! Thanks so much for stopping by! If you are still using hCG for weight loss, you will LOVE The First Step! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!